Monday, January 16, 2012

Off-Line /\ On Point

[Dear 21st Century Adventurer:  Today I’m posting Peter Thompson’s TGIMonday Offering, January 16, 2012, slightly annotated.  It’s a pretty good “framing” orientation to start a whole new day or a year.  Here’s what Peter says:]

Do you find…

You can be so busy with ideas and thoughts and actions and tasks and plans and calls and
reports and email and …

Well – everything; there’s hardly time to know if what you’re doing is what you really
want to do?

I find an expression someone mentioned to me recently helps me get life into perspective.

Here – hear:       Be HERE and HEAR (your muse … your conscience … your gut feelings …
your longings …).”  

“Be still enough – for long enough!”

And it seems many people simply – aren’t!

Their lives are one long mad dash to,
well without putting too fine a point on it
 – a mad dash to oblivion.

And yet … when you and I take the time – to engage in ‘still’ – amazing stuff just happens!

Didn’t I hear once that Gandhi said:

“I used to meditate for 2 hours a day, then I became so busy I had to meditate for 4 hours a day!”

It’s just so true. Life can be a hectic event and yet when we pause and get a number
of important factors straight – life takes on a whole new dimension.

Here they are:

First – sorting out our ‘purpose’ so everything we do is – on purpose.

Next – our goals: Knowing precisely what we want to achieve.

Then – our definition of success to ensure we’re acting in accord with our beliefs and values.

You know…

I find creating ‘still’ answers all my questions ....
                … whether it’s a question about purpose, goals or definitions.
and whether the ‘still’ is my twice-daily meditation or a calm stroll through a forest or over sheep-strewn hills or a feet-up, head-back starring at the ceiling moment.

Create some ‘still’ in your life and use the ‘still’ to find the answers

Go on then…

Hold an Executive Board Meeting with yourself, put everything promising, purposeful and pending on the table, match each with your core values and aspirations, and repeat as needed until a path appears in the wilderness.” Quartermaster   

No comments:

Post a Comment