Monday, October 24, 2011

Disciplines

Each week, my friend Michael, a library sciences professional, asks me what I'm reading.  I assume he wants to make sure I'm continually enriching my life!  So I'm trying to expand my reading horizons.  But purpose and content -- with some degree of intentionality -- are important.  So it's become one of many disciplines I need to work on ... along with eating right, exercising, getting organized, learning my music for the Christmas show, preparing materials for a patent application, and quite a few others.  I'm wondering:  What are you reading and what "Disciplines" are you pursuing/practicing/perfecting this week?   Let's unfasten our couch potato seat belts and go for it!!

 “We live by a saying at the French Laundry: ‘Do a little better each day.’”   Grant Achatz [quoted by Thomas Keller, Time Magazine, May 2, 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment